[Zope] WARNING - Zope on glibc 2.2.4

Mayers, Philip J p.mayers@ic.ac.uk
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 17:08:28 +0100

On wednesday night, RedHat shipped a glibc update to RedHat 7.0 taking it
from 2.2-12 to 2.2.4-18. Sometime this morning, my Zope installation died
and was restarted by zProcessManager. Until that point, the old (now
deleted) glibc libraries had been mapped in.

After the restart, Python came up with the new glibc mapped in (of course) -
disaster. My Zope site died almost instantly, and would *not* recover.

I tried everything I can think of - I even recompiled Python without
py_malloc, recompiled Zope and all the addins from scratch - nada.

Dropping back to glibc-2.2-12 fixes the problem.

Beware...

Regards,
Phil

| Phil Mayers                              |
| Network & Infrastructure Group           |
| Information & Communication Technologies |
| Imperial College                         |