[Zope] A new list needed?

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@theinternet.com.au
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 10:30:06 +1000

+-------[ Dan Shafer ]----------------------

| And not to put too fine a point on it but to suggest not only that we
| need a new list where obviously experienced Zope developers like Mr.
| Bengtsson don't get "bugged" by people asking them to explain
| technical questions but that such a list should be closed smacks
| dangerously of elitism.

Actually that was me. And since you don't know me, or who I am, I'll
let it pass. Closing the list means you have to be subscribed to post
to it, not that you have to be invited to join. This prevents people
from simply Cc:ing every zope list for answers.

| The Zope community doesn't seem to me to be so large that segregating
| those "in the know" from those who are desperately trying to be "in
| the know" is a great idea.

It isn't about seperating them, it's about distilling them. From what
I can see, most of the tech people have gone somewhere else anyway.

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|                      | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |                      |