[Zope] A new list needed?

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode@parallab.uib.no
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 00:29:19 +0200

On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 05:17:34PM -0400, Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 05:04:52PM -0400, Paul Winkler wrote:
> > You'd rather have 200+ messages a day dumped into your inbox
>
> Before anybody jumps on me about the number - I apologize, it's
> incorrect. I currently get about 80 messages / day total from the zope
> and zope-cmf mailing lists.

I'll jump at something else.. Getting all of the zope mailinglist into
your inbox sounds like your real problem. Set up a mailfilter to sort
out all zope messages to a separate folder, and the problem should be
solved. Here's a procmailrule that catches them all for me:

#--- Zope mailinglist ---#
:0:
* ^Sender: zope-admin@zope.org
zope
#---/Zope mailinglist ---#

And please, don't move the mailinglist over to NNTP, atleast not
without keeping a mailinglist option available. I'd vote for a
zope-hackers mailinglist instead.

  -jf