[Zope] A new list needed?

Michael R. Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
21 Oct 2001 22:28:20 -0700

On Sun, 2001-10-21 at 06:03, Oleg Broytmann wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 05:07:50PM -0400, Paul Winkler wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 09:39:29AM -0700, Michael R. Bernstein wrote:
> > > Personally, I'd prefer newsgroups to mailing lists. A news.zope.org NNTP
> > > server along with a heirarchy of groups would do wonders, IMO.
> >
> > YES PLEASE!!!!!!!
>
>    NO PLEASE!!!!! We have enough spam already, we don't need more spam in a
> newsgroups.

Actually, a newsgroup (on a private server, not Usenet)would have far
less spam. any spam found on the newsgroup can be cancelled before too
many people check the server. With an email list, once the listserver
has sent out the email, that's it, everyone on the list will get it.

That's one of the reasons that I like NNTP.

Michael Bernstein.