[Zope] A new list needed?

Paul Zwarts paz@oratrix.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 09:05:16 +0200

Being a non-so-developer type myself and not being too good with python
yet, I had said the same thing myself. But truth is, its all there in
some place or another. Finding it is the difficult part because the
really technical information lies in documents with slightly ambiguous
names. Who would thing that AppendixB.dtml was going to teach me how to
resize an image using <dtml-var "ImageObject.tag(width=yadda)">?

But something I think may be nice, but perhaps is already here. Is there
a Code Collector that we can read/submit submissions of coding (dtml and
python)? I stumbled upon a site somewhere that had something like it and
then I lost the link. However, it only had 3 entries at the time.

For those of us that struggle at first with Zope syntax and language,
code snippets are the very best thing to learn from. Its frustrating to
know how something is done, but have to ask a question on the list that
verifies you missed something simple because the answer was as stupid as
the question, once its worked out.

Paul Zwarts
pLinks
http://24.132.28.112

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org] On Behalf Of Ivan
Kurmanov
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2001 6:00 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] A new list needed?

My humble opinion is that the amount of relatively simple & repeating
questions on this list is caused by:

 a) shortage of documentation, a lack of a complete Zope reference in
    particular.  And possibly a FAQ or several topical FAQs could do
    good

 b) little (not enough) visibility of the existing documentation, and
    absence of it in the Zope installation package itself.

--
Ivan