[Zope] Uploading files help?

Richard Hewison Richard.Hewison@luton.ac.uk
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 09:06:49 +0100

--=_F2A817A1.9AFB9772

Being a 'newbie', I have only just started experimenting with Zope v2.4.1. =
So far, so good but I'm now hitting the limits of my own knowledge and =
understanding.
=20
I have a web site which needs to store documents (word, excel, pdf, etc.). =
I want these documents to be shown in a simple table with a relevant icon =
(word, pdf etc.) in the first cell, a link to the document in the second, =
the author in the third and the date it was last amended in the last.
=20
Getting Zope to look in a folder and return the links to the files is =
simple thanks to the examples I've found. However, I really want to create =
a form that any user can use to upload the file object to the relevant =
folder. The form includes the values (doc type, doc author, doc date, =
etc.) that I want to be added to the object as properties when it is =
uploaded to the folder.
=20
How can this be achieved?
=20

--=_F2A817A1.9AFB9772

<HTML><HEAD>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4134.600" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 8pt Tahoma; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px">
<DIV><FONT size=3D1><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D2>Being a =
'newbie', I have=20
only just started experimenting with Zope v2.4.1.&nbsp;So far, so good but =
I'm=20
now hitting the limits of my own knowledge and=20
understanding.</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D2>I have a web site which&nbsp;n=
eeds to=20
store&nbsp;documents (word, excel, pdf, etc.). I want these documents to =
be=20
shown in a simple table with a relevant icon (word, pdf etc.) in the first =
cell,=20
a link to the document in the second, the author in the third and the date =
it=20
was last amended in the last.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D2>Getting Zope to look in a =
folder and=20
return the links to the files&nbsp;is simple thanks to the examples I've =
found.=20
However, I really want to create a form that any user can use to upload =
the file=20
object to the relevant folder. The form includes the values (doc type, =
doc=20
author, doc date, etc.) that I want to be added to the object as properties=
 when=20
it is uploaded to the folder.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D2>How can this be achieved?</FON=
T></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HT=

--=_F2A817A1.9AFB9772--