[Zope] call for a new list -- did we ever come to a conclusion?

Tim Cook tim@freepm.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 09:56:41 -0500

alan runyan wrote:

> I vote for a NNTP feed of the list.
I agree.

> if ZOPE gets more and more newbies we
> will just see a increase in traffic to the main zope mailing list and the
> more experienced people will leave.  most of the newbie questions can, in
> fact be answered by newbies or people who have been using zope for a few
> days.

This also gives those people an opportunity to give back, which
is a GoodThing(tm) at any (every) level.

> whats very worrying is that Andrew says he got personal attacks.  I know the
> Zope community has grown in the past few years.  but I thought on a whole
> the community was mature enough and warm-hearted enough to be above personal
> attacks.  I agree w/ webmaven that he should post these emails publicly so
> we could see the offenders.   We shoulndt tolerate this in our community.

Agreed. If we don't police ourselves from that type of behaviour
it will harm the community.
I do not know any of the attackers or the person attacked.
It may well have been an over-sensitivity too. ???  Either way,
those probably aren't bad people (they are Zope users after all
<g>) just maybe had a bad day.  Maybe a public posting (without
further comment) will cause them to think before typing?

Tim Cook, President - Free Practice Management, Inc.
http://www.FreePM.com Office: (731) 884-4126
ONLINE DEMO: http://www.freepm.org:8080/FreePM