[Zope] Automatic Zope Login

Behrens Matt - Grand Rapids Matt.Behrens@Kohler.Com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:57:42 -0400

James McNulty wrote:

> Is there a way to automatically login users to a Zope Intranet Site by
> taking their Windows 2000 username and password. I have tried
> smbUserFolder by Chris McDonough but that does not seem to work on
> Windows 2000.

exUserFolder <http://www.zope.org/Members/TheJester/exUserFolder>'s
smbAuthSource support will take you one step closer, and is actually
maintained, as opposed to smbAuthSource.  It has pure Python SMB support
so it will work everywhere; we're using it on Solaris here.  If you have
questions on exUserFolder, take them to the
exuserfolder-users@lists.sourceforge.net list.

Automatic login is something that I think is one of those top-seekrit
Microsoft "embrace and extend" things.  Our M$ proxy server can do it
here if you're logged into the domain and using IE, but I have no idea
how the heck it works.  I suppose someday I could sniff the bugger and
see what's actually going on.  I suspect it needs an implementation of
LAN Manager hashing.

--
Matt Behrens <matt.behrens@kohler.com>
System Analyst, Baker Furniture