[Zope] A new list needed?

Paul Winkler slinkp23@yahoo.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:40:29 -0400

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 12:29:19AM +0200, Jan-Frode Myklebust wrote:
> > Before anybody jumps on me about the number - I apologize, it's
> > incorrect. I currently get about 80 messages / day total from the zope
> > and zope-cmf mailing lists.
> >

> I'll jump at something else.. Getting all of the zope mailinglist into
> your inbox sounds like your real problem. Set up a mailfilter to sort
> out all zope messages to a separate folder, and the problem should be
> solved. Here's a procmailrule that catches them all for me:

I've done that already. I seem to be phrasing my statements rather
badly... "dump into my inbox" was misleading.

What I was complaining about is the sheer volume. What I dislike is
getting 300 KB of Zope mail every day through a dialup line, just so I
can read the 3 or 4 messages I need, and ask/answer the occasional
question. If there was a NG I could just browse the messages I want.

Also I happen to vastly prefer Google's group search to the online
Zope archives which IMHO suffer from a poor search interface.

I think the solution is clear. Provide multiple means of access: list,
NG, maybe a bulletin board. Everybody's happy.

--

paul winkler
home:  http://www.slinkp.com