[Zope] Salespitches for zope

Michael R. Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
22 Oct 2001 11:33:54 -0700

On Sat, 2001-10-20 at 19:51, Heimo Laukkanen wrote:

> How many of you have had to do sales pitches for Zope as a platform to
> client or clients who have been reading magazines and understand that
> Microsoft .Net, Lotus Notes, Java XXXX or Macromedia Coldfusion are
> terms that they should be hearing, since journalist have been writing
> about those products?

I would like to suggest that a new mailing list be created:
zope-marketing@zope.org

<sarcasm>
This suggestion is part of my ongoing attempts to fragment and destroy
the Zope community.

This new list will serve to isolate the companies who invest in
promoting zope from their true target audience (ie. newbies who aren't
convinced yet), and cause them to only craft messages that appeal to
pointy haired bosses. This will inevitably lead to Zope becomming a
mainstream offering, causing the community to wither and die, leaving
only crappy commercial support available.
</sarcasm>

Seriously, a marketing and sales oriented mailing list would IMO be a
Good Thing(tm).

Michael Bernstein.