[Zope] Newsgroup vs. Discussion Board vs. Email List

Paul Winkler slinkp23@yahoo.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 14:30:01 -0400

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 10:59:04AM +0200, Oliver Bleutgen wrote:
> > On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 10:26:30AM -0700, Dan Shafer wrote:
> >> We don't need to make an either/or decision here. We can make a
> >> both-and decision.
>
> > That's the best suggestion I've heard yet.
>
> > comp.lang.python is also available as a mailing list. It's the same
> > content, but some people get it in their email and some (like me)
> > prefer it via NNTP. Everybody's happy.
>
> Yeah,
>
> I was searching for a software product to propose which would
> allow us to do this.
>
> Didn't search long, but I found mailgw

There's also mailman, which I believe is what we're using already for
this list. At python.org, they just provide a mailman gateway to
comp.lang.python - that's what the "mailing list" actually is.
http://www.list.org/features.html

--

paul winkler
home:  http://www.slinkp.com