[Zope] research knowledge base in Zope

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 22:19:09 -0500 (CDT)

Hi everyone,

I just finished reading Michael Yuan's article in the November issue of
Linux Journal (article available online at
http://noframes.linuxjournal.com/lj-issues/issue91/4769.html).

I was impressed as I read the article by how easily I could envision Zope
handling an application like this. I'm not a Java programmer, but the
author's implementation seemed (while probably well thought out) so
complicated compared to the ease with which the problem seems to map to
Zope's natural strengths.

I'm just starting some more graduate work myself, so I'm quite interested in
finding a system to help me manage the volume of materials that I have to
deal with in my courses. Perhaps I'll be sufficiently motivated to attempt a
Zope solution to this problem.

As always, I'd be interested to hear others' comments on the article and how
Zope would fit into an alternative solution.

Later,
Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com