[Zope] converting to an object

Paul Zwarts paz@oratrix.com
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 11:37:48 +0200

Scott,

I think you need to acquire the folder first. Use getitem for this:

<dtml-with "_.getitem(nav3)">
   <dtml-in ....
</dtml-with>

That way you can assign nav3 as the string representation of the folder
you want.

Maybe someone can comment on if its possible to do a multiple traverse?
Something like

<dtml-with "folder1.getitem(variable)">
(doesn't work, but you get the point...)

Cheers,
Paul Zwarts

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org] On Behalf Of
Meilicke, Scott
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2001 10:59 PM
To: 'zope@zope.org'
Subject: [Zope] converting to an object

Hi,

I'm setting up a navigation system.

My path:

http:\\server\folder1\folder2\document

What is want is a listing of folders and topics contained in folder1.

My dtml:

<dtml-let nav3="_.string.split(URL0,'/')[3]">
<dtml-with nav3 only>
	<dtml-in expr="objectValues(['Portal Folder', 'Portal Topic'])"
skip_unauthorized>
	</dtml-in>
</dtml-with>
</dtml-let>

However this gives me an error, 'objectValues' is not defined.

in REQUEST, nav3 is 'folder1', and what I want is just folder1, no
quotes.
When I substitute folder1 for nav3, it works fine.

Any thoughts?

TIA - Scott