[Zope] How to Use Javascript returns in DTML tags

Tommy Johnson tommy@7x.com
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 11:48:28 -0800

Sounds to me like your trying to make a client side language pass info to a
server-side language. Simply put, you can't do it.

First thing is that the server-side does its thing and then sends that info
to the client's browser. After that, its done! You have to generate a new
request for the server to do anything else.

Javascript runs client-side and after the server has completed its job.

HTH,
Tommy
Innovation: The Best Way To Predict The Future ... Is To Create It.