AW: [Zope] Do All Classes Have Default Current Objects? REQUEST.A UTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName()

Krone, Armin armin.krone@telecash.de
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 09:23:05 +0200

Dan,

You wrote:
2. Is this fact -- or anything else about these globals -- documented
anywhere? I looked through the Zope Book, ZQR, HowTos and Tips to no
avail. I also searched the online help. I did find a _reference_ to
AUTHENTICATED_USER and to REQUEST.AUTHENTICATED_USER in a function
called SecurityGetUser() but no real information on the use of the
AuthenticatedUser class itself.

I have about the same problem: I want to get the current user name in a
python script and put it there in a database. Allmost this works:

user = container.REQUEST.AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName()

But it rises an error if I want to print the user out:
'cannot add type "ImplicitAcquirerWrapper" to string'

Any suggestions?

regards
Armin