[Zope] (Newbie) Tree based sitemap using Zope book example

Michael R. Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
24 Oct 2001 00:38:35 -0700

On Mon, 2001-10-22 at 18:55, Adrian Blockley wrote:

> This works fine in that context.objectValues(['Folder', 'DTML Document'])
> displays a tree based site map but of course creates it relative to the
> current folder object.  For the life of me I can't work out how to change
> the script or the call so that the tree that is displayed is always the
> root tree or rooted in any specified arbitary folder. Is it possible to
> specify a context rather than the current one? - I presume it is I just
> don't understand Zope (or Python...) enough to work out how to do it...

Dang that takes me back... I first asked this back in February '99...

Hey, I guess this makes me an official Zope curmudgeon!

Anyway, here is the version from the mail archives:
http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/1999-February/002164.html

The rest of that thread might be interesting to you too...

And here is Amos' improved version from Google's cache:
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:zbv3CYIDr_c:classic.zope.org:8080/Documentation/HowTo/DTML/site:classic.zope.org&hl=en

I'm not sure why that Howto disappeared from the current site.

> Zope is a fantastic product but my head is still spinning from the learning
> curve...

Yeah. Don't worry things will settle down in a bit, and then you'll get
a reply from Jim Fulton, and you'll realize that you didn't actually
understand what you thought you understood at all...

And so it begins...

Michael Bernstein.