[Zope] new ZSQLvMethod

H.de.Wit@SFK.NL H.de.Wit@SFK.NL
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 10:52:50 +0200

>The virtual SQL method allows to put the SQL method into Z class and then
>create and use individual connections in each copy of the class,
processing
>request to them by methods, located in Z class.

Wow, this seems to be good news if i understand i well enough.

I have a few questions however before i will start to experiment.
Does this product gives everybody a separate odbc connection to a database
for the duration of the request or for the duration of a session?
Does it ask for, or give through an authentication for the visitor at the
moment you he wants access to the database, so that you can use for example
rowsecurity in DB2?

I have a little thingee already, your product is just  ZSQLvMethod without
the usual .zexp (or isn't it an export file?).
That is just a little unusual.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Hans de Wit
Stichting Farmaceutische Kengetallen