[Zope] re: Not your usual way to get into Zope...

Philippe Jadin philippe@123piano.com
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 12:08:00 +0200

earth_to_zope@space.com wrote:

> It appears that my problem was simply a permissions problem. I did not have the var folder and contents owned by "nobody". Silly me. Hope my forehead heals and I can get all the blood off of the brick wall.
> : )
>
> This does not appear to be a very formidable Zope application. Does anyone have any suggestions for making the upgrade to the current version of Zope? Does one export/import the database? Since this is a Zope 1.10 application all of the DTML tags will have to change. Any other gotcha's or words of wisdom?

A more non non sense solution would be to use zope as a frontend to an
sql database imho (at least if your data is tabular)

You could create a python script that would extract all the datas from
zope and insert it into an sql db. This doesn't require a tremendous
amount of zope knowledge btw :-) (some dtml, some sql, some python : a
good way to begin your zope journey...)

Philippe