[Zope] objectValues(meta_type) in python script

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
24 Oct 2001 12:48:08 +0200

ons, 2001-10-24 kl. 12:39 skrev Gitte Wange:
> Hello,
>
> I am in the process of optimizing some of my scripts and moving some
> code from dtml methods into python Scripts.
>
> I am trying to find an object in a folder.
> I know there is only one object with this metatype ('MMM Shop Shopping
> Cart') in the folder.
>
> But this doesn't work:
>
> for item in memberfolder.objectValues('MMM Shop Shopping Cart'):
>    shopping_cart = context.getId()
>
> return shopping_cart
>
> Now I expected to recieve a string containing 'Shopping Cart', but I
> recieved a string containing 'CD001' which is a product, not a shopping
> cart.
>
> Doesn't objectValues() work in python scripts ?

ARG !!!

I just discovered that context.getId() returns the id of the object I
"stand on" (the object that is in the URL).
So perhaps it works .. I just need to call something else than
context.getId() ..
But what?

How do I get hold of the objects that objectValues() returns ?

TIA,
Gitte Wange