[Zope] Virtual Site Root problems

Markus Schaber markus.schaber@student.uni-ulm.de
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 12:53:29 +0200

Hello,

I currently use
Zope 2.3.3 (source release, python 1.5.2, linux2) (Debianzied Version).

I installed VirtualSiteRoot-1-0-0 as Product.

Now I have the problem that I can't copy/paste into or out from a
directory that has such a virtual site root.

Public Prefix: Verboose Configuration:
Apache is configured using the proxypass directive to forward the
requests to Zope.
I have a virtual site root in / configured for the Folder /zawiw/:
Title: Virtual Site Root for ZAWiW
Public Prefix: http://multimedia.zawiw.uni-ulm.de
Public Path Prefix: /zope/
Management Prefix: https://multimedia.zawiw.uni-ulm.de
Management Path Prefix /zope/

Now, I have a second site root sitting inside the Folder /zawiw/
configured for the folder /zawiw/gl/:
Title: Virtual Site Root for Gemeinsam Lernenhttp://gl.schabi.de
Public Path Prefix: /
Management Prefix: https://multimedia.zawiw.uni-ulm.de
Management Path Prefix: /zope/gl/

I have several other subfolders in /zawiw without virtual site roots.

My users are defined in /zawiw/acl_users, and they login using
https://multimedia.zawiw.uni-ulm.de/zope/manage as URL. Now - as the
URLs for the management interface are kept consistent - they can
manage the gl virtual host, and the other folders without virtual hosts.

The problem now is that cut/copy/paste fails between the /zawiw/gl
folder and other folders inside /zawiw. It works fine between those
other folders, and it works fine inside /zawiw/gl.

Is there any update that can correct this error? Do I have any chance to
correct it myself?

I even would appreciate any other way to implement virtual hosts that
enables (or restricts) accessing the management interface through
https. (Also, a way to access / through https would be appreciated).
Is the CGI interface a way to do this?

I would like to avoid installing a Zope release that is not available as
a .deb package, but I have no problems installing custom products.

PS: I subscribed to the mailing list, so no Cc: on answers needed.

Thanks,
Markus