[Zope] Threading, dtml and performance?!

Paul Zwarts paz@oratrix.com
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:36:07 +0200

Well, okay then. I get it. However, since it takes only 80% of 1 second
to load the page, its difficult to access another page... LOL.

I've tried the reverse now. Pulling a page that does heavy SQL queries
and then refreshing the speeTest page a few times. Adding some time
fields, the page only takes .1 second more than before.

I also mention that I built my own mailing list app for our site, and it
has run against 8000 emails, and still services me or other users on the
site, even though the bulkmailer takes up to 30 minutes to run fully.

So I guess the result is the same. Solaris has something funny, whereas
Linux does not.

But as per my first message, I don't think this test works properly
because the second IN is never executed, so this dtml doesn't actually
do anything to the server that would distract it or load it down.....

Paul Zwarts