[Zope] Threading, dtml and performance?!

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 16:35:05 +0100

On 24/10/01 2:18 pm, "Chris McDonough" <chrism@digicool.com> wrote:

> Tony,
>
> I wonder if you'd experience the same results with a different Python
> version?  Do you have an "old" copy of your site that uses Zope 2.3.3 +
> Python 1.5.2?

It just so happens I do ;) (Zope 2.2.1 though)

Same behaviour. That is, I start off 'threader' (the DTML Method Oliver
posted), then try and do anything else on the site - nothing happens until
threader has finished.

Just to make sure I know what I'm looking for - I started up my MacOS-X
Zope2.4.0 site again, ran threader and navigated all over the place.

It's really beginning to look like all my Zope sites have been (effectively)
single-threaded doesn't it :(

Tone (despondently)
--
Dr Tony McDonald,  Assistant Director, FMCC, http://www.fmcc.org.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 243 6140