[Zope] ZGadflyDA doesn't

Ng Pheng Siong ngps@post1.com
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 00:19:02 +0800

Hi,

I'm having some problems with the Gadfly that is bundled with Zope 2.4.2.
This is on a W2K desktop.

I did this:

1. Installed Zope 2.4.2 binary package.

2. Installed Python 2.1.1 binary package separately.

3. Created directory <zope>/var/gadfly/mydb.

4. Used Python in (2) with the Gadfly found in
<zope>/lib/python/Products/ZGadflyDA/gadfly to create my database in batch
mode; my database files went into <zope>/var/gadfly/mydb. I can query the
database from the Python prompt.

5. Started Zope. Tried adding a ZGadflyDA connection.

 *** Problem: Zope only sees the data source called "demo"; "mydb" cannot
 be seen.

6. Modified and re-ran my database creation program to deposit the database
in <zope>/var/gadfly/demo.

7. Restarted Zope. Added a ZGadflyDA connection to the data source "demo"
successfully.

8. Tried this new connection by doing some SQL.

 *** Problem: "Database does not exist" or words to that effect.

What am I missing?

TIA. Cheers.

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps@post1.com> * http://www.post1.com/home/ngps