[Zope] Virtual Site Root problems

Markus Schaber markus.schaber@student.uni-ulm.de
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 21:32:45 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001 13:29:43 -0500, "Mike Renfro" <renfro@tntech.edu>
wrote:

> > Do you think it makes any sense to use the VirtualHostMonster in the
> > inner directory (gl) for the virtual host, and keep the VSR on the
> > upper directory to keep the management interface available by https?
>
> I'd be very surprised if you couldn't eliminate the VSR entirely with
> the right RewriteRules, if all you're getting is https support. But
> I've not messed with https at all.

The main thing I get is that I can select different rules for viewing and the management pages. (https for management, and a virtual host without https for viewing)

I don't know how to achieve this using the VirtualHostMonster, except having tons of wildcard patterns matching all possible management functions. (And lots of recherche to get all this pathes.)

markus
--
You don't have to be Microsoft to suck... but it helps.
(Tim Hammerquist in comp.lang.python)