[Zope] Converting from Windows NT 4 to RedHat Linux 7.1

Markus Schaber markus.schaber@student.uni-ulm.de
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 08:46:53 +0200

Hello,

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001 19:04:30 -0500, "Steven Grimes"
<sgrimes@atinucleus.com> wrote:

> I'm thinking of changing my setup to a RedHat 7.1 plus Zope setup. I
> currently have Zope 2.2.0/Python 1.5.2 set up on a windows NT 4
> machine which communicates to a database via ZODBCDA. My application
> accesses a database that must stay on a different Windows NT machine
> for legacy purposes. My Questions are (1) Can I use my current Data.fs
> when I set up my Linux machine and (2) Are there ODBC drivers for the
> Linux install that will read data on an NT machine?

(1) should be no problem, because it uses a platform-independent (but python-specific) format

(2) that depends on the particular databases you use :-)
But - among the other solutions told here - you can perhaps use the ZEO adapter, and then run the databases on NT, while only the Zope frontend runs on Linux.

markus
--
You don't have to be Microsoft to suck... but it helps.
(Tim Hammerquist in comp.lang.python)