[Zope] gvibDA problems

Nuno Maltez nuno@xml.pt
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 10:15:38 +0100

Hi,

Anyone here using Zope and interbase to access an ISO8859_1 database?

I'm using RedHat 7.1, Zope 2.3.3 and InterBaseCS_LI-V6.0.1.tar=20
OpenSource (that's the binary release), python 1.5.2
from the RedHar RPMS and gvibDA-0-9-6.

The database I'm trying to access was created, on another machine,
with the ISO8859_1 charcter set and it works fine there.

If I add the option

_default_dpb =3D { isc_dpb_lc_ctype : 'ISO8859_1' }

to the adapter, whenever I try to connect I get the following error:

>>> z=3Dgvib.connect('/usr/local/var/som_db.gdb','sysdba','masterkey')
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "gvib.py", line 130, in connect
    ib_connect =3D gvibBase.IBConnect(dsn, user, password, tpb, dpb)
gvibExceptions.InternalError: - bad parameters on attach or create databa=
se=20
-- CHARACTER SET ISO8859_1 is not defined

If I do not add this option, I can connect but any query using
accented charcters get the error:

>>> z.execute("select * from table where field LIKE '%=E1%'")
>>> z.fetchone()
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "gvibCursor.py", line 265, in fetchone
    gvibBase.IBSetException(cursor.status)
gvibExceptions.DataError: - arithmetic exception, numeric overflow, or st=
ring=20
truncation -- Cannot transliterate character between character sets

I get this same error if I try this query on isql. Does anyone know
how to get isql to work with the ISO8859_1 charset as well?

Do I need to recompile interbase or something?

Thanks in advnce,
Nuno