[Zope] Yet another newbie question!

Paul Zwarts paz@oratrix.com
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 12:40:52 +0200

Steven,

I may be wrong but I suspect that it is because it doesn=92t translate a
string containing a '.' into object.attribute or in this case
object.object.

I'd wait (which I will also) for a better answer, but I've struggled
with this myself and just be that I am only trying to identify one level
at a time when using variables.

<dtml-with interface>
  <dtml-with "_.getitem(uData.get('zone'))">
    <dtml-with images>
    <dtml-var image>
</dtml-with></dtml-with></dtml-with>

where uData.get('zone') is my session variable string.=20

Good luck,

Paul Zwarts

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org] On Behalf Of
Steve Crook
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2001 11:50 AM
To: 'zope@zope.org'
Subject: [Zope] Yet another newbie question!

As a total newbie I'm struggling to get to grips with dtml etc.

I'm really puzzled by that following:

the following line works fine in my application:

<dtml-with expr=3D"French.Folder1">

and so does this:

<dtml-let nodename=3D"'French'">
<dtml-with expr=3D"_.getitem(nodename,1)">=20

but if I try:

nodename=3D"'French.Folder1'"
<dtml-with expr=3D"_.getitem(nodename,1)">=20

it doesn't work!=20

In the interests of my receding hairline, can anyone offer an
explanation?=20
Many thanks

Steve=20

networkers interactive sa