[Zope] Zope Eats Memory

Thu, 25 Oct 2001 09:14:48 -0700

I have this same problem; on my 2 ZEO clients on a high-traffic, Catalog
intensive site, running Debian as well, I had Zope chew through all my
physical memory and most of my swap (up to between 1200-1300 MB), even to
the point where the system kept my clustering software from sending a simple
heartbeat over the systems serial port.  Right now, I have a cron job to
restart Zope daily...

I think for a longer term fix, I am going to try to look into what Chris M.
has suggested and read that howto...

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Gray [mailto:cpgray@library.uwaterloo.ca]
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2001 8:42 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Zope Eats Memory

I've been running Zope (with ZEO) on a Debian GNU/Linux box.  Just today
everything slowed to a crawl and it turned out that one python process was
taking up 75% of system memory.  Stopping and restarting Zope cured the
problem.  I'm doing some caching of DTML pages and MySQL queries.

Any idea why Zope would start doing this?  Are there any preventative
measures?

Thanks,
Chris