[Zope] Zope Eats Memory

Tommy Johnson tommy@7x.com
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 10:43:51 -0800

> Are you using REQUEST.set() a lot?  I am (my presentation code,
> unfortunately, uses these quite aggressively).  I have dtml that
> wraps other
> DTML "core" presentation widgets, and I use <dtml-var "REQUEST.set('foo',
> '')"> a lot.
>
> Does anyone know if there is another, more graceful, way to pass
> parameters
> from a wrapping dtml method to a dtml method it calls?

If you find it, please let me know. I'm beginning to miss ColdFusion's
variable scopes.  ;-)
I seem to find myself using REQUEST.set 95% of the time, instead of
<dtml-let> generally because I want to pass variables around, or may need
them somwhere later in the method. I hate having to do this, but ....

Tommy
Innovation: The Best Way To Predict The Future ... Is To Create It.