[Zope] Zope Eats Memory

Ron Bickers rbickers-dated-1004640777.06bafd@logicetc.com
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 14:52:56 -0400

This apparently isn't Chris' problem since he's not running Photo, but for
the record, the old Photo product most definitely eats memory, which was
part of why I created the "new" Photo product.

The old one stores rendered photo data as strings.  Zope loaded the entire
string into memory before serving it, which caused Zope to grow quite a bit.
The new Photo product stores rendered photos as Zope Image objects (or
ExtImage) which are served in pieces and thus do not eat memory.

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.