[Zope] Re: Threading, dtml and performance?!

Oliver Erlewein oerlewein@gmx.de
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 09:42:44 +0200 (MEST)

Well I've tested your script with an old backup of Zope 2.3.2 on an Win NT
SP 5 machiene. There are no problems. The script runs in one window and in the
other I can surf the management screen. My Solaris can't do that.

On Solaris and on NT I could see your second problem. When I press cancel on
the Browser the process/thread doesn't stop. Thats really a problem. I
started your script twice and the machiene (NT) is nearly not usable anymore. But
thats better than Solaris - there I can't start the process twice!

For me I've prooven that there is something VERY WEIRD with the Solaris
Zope. OK it might not be Zope but Python. As for me I need an answer / solution
desperately! Any ideas anybody? My primary guess is, that Solaris doesn't
relese the threads after using them. I've tried a threaded Python script on my
Solaris machiene and that had no problems. But I must confess I have no clue on
how Zope Threading works. Therefore my test doesn't proove anything really.

By the way...it also shows how fast Zope really is because if I run
"singlethreaded" and Zope can still serve a few thousand requests a day thats really
not bad.

Oliver Erlewein

http://www.gmx.net