[Zope] How to automagically wrap any dtml-doc with std_header/footer

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 09:45:56 +0200

From: "Philippe Jadin" <philippe@123piano.com>

> Make /foo a folder, put your content in a dtml doc called content within
> /foo :

...snip...

> Does it sounds ugly to anyone ?

Jepp, it sounds ugly :-).

I've considered the solution you propose, but the reason we need this is to
be able to let users create documents in a folder and have them adhere to
the common look and feel of the site.

Users might not always remember to put <dtml-var
standard_html_header/footer> in their docs.

I have another half-baked smi-solution where you use someting like

http://bar/?foo

and thus having the foo be an argument to the index_html method. This way I
can check for foo's existence and do a getitem('foo', 1) on it to render it.

The obvious drawback is the url; you have to remember to put that "?" in the
url...

So, I am looking for a better solution. Hoe does zope.org do it?

/dario