[Zope] Re: Threading, dtml and performance?!

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 11:07:40 +0200

> Well I've tested your script with an old backup of Zope 2.3.2 on an Win NT
> SP 5 machiene. There are no problems. The script runs in one window and in
> the
> other I can surf the management screen. My Solaris can't do that.

Just for clarification:
On Linux I need _two_ browser windows holding a connection
to zope. I know nothing of how zope threads what, but together
with that "stop" trick it looks like I have seen two different
thread limitations. One is the zope-configurable limitation
and another one seems to be related to the number of connections
zope can serve under this circumstances.
What I haven't done is ruling out that perhaps the browser
might be the culprit - I doubt that, but I can't rule it out
atm. Will test it later.

cheers,
oliver