[Zope] How to automagically wrap any dtml-doc with std_header/footer

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode@parallab.uib.no
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 12:12:54 +0200

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 09:45:56AM +0200, Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:

> I have another half-baked smi-solution where you use someting like
>
> http://bar/?foo
>
> and thus having the foo be an argument to the index_html method. This way I
> can check for foo's existence and do a getitem('foo', 1) on it to render it.
>
> The obvious drawback is the url; you have to remember to put that "?" in the
> url...
>
> So, I am looking for a better solution. Hoe does zope.org do it?

I have a folder where I do almost the same thing. Access to
/folder/something is rewritten by the apache frontend to
/folder/?id=something. Then the clients can access all id's as if they
were files.

Apache rewrite rule to achieve this:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/folder/([A-Z].*) http://localhost:8080/folder/?id=$1 [L,P]

This method only applies to names starting with capital letters.

  -jf