[Zope] Chicken or Egg Syndrome

Ben Ocean zope@thewebsons.com
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 08:01:59 -0700

Hi;
I want to simply_and_elegantly achieve the following:

1. Ping the visitor's browser to determine screen resolution (easy: I know
how to capture this).
2. Redirect them to a folder such as 800 or 1024 depending on the res (easy
again).
3. Assign a variable within that folder via a dtml method that will be used
to size elements such as image width and height (easy again).
4. Place all the documents that will need that variable in a lower folder,
so that I don't have to copy all the dtml documents into folders 800 and
1024 (ah: not so easy! at least not for me).

The problem appears to be that I need to cull a variable out of a
Javascript that I can in turn utilize in a dtml method.So, how do I do this?
TIA,
BenO