[Zope] Photo product: how to recreate thumbnails with Imagemagick

Ron Bickers rbickers-dated-1004713795.56c9f4@logicetc.com
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 11:09:54 -0400

Good idea.  It really does vary quite a bit depending on hardware and the
photo itself.

> Right, but I'm building a site where users will upload some pretty
> large images, and how long they have to wait for their first view of
> the thumbnails may be more important than how nice they look in this
> case. But with any luck, both will prove to be "fast enough" under
> load.

It's pretty sad that an initial wait time would be more important than
quality.  I guess that's the American way. ;-)  Seriously, though, I suppose
if they aren't going to be viewed many times after the upload, it makes
sense.

If you have a fast server, either should be okay.  Let me know what you
experience.

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.