[Zope] disc files inner methods

Clark OBrien COBrien@isis-server.vuse.vanderbilt.edu
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 12:13:26 -0500

If I am in the Zope manage interface. I select Add then scroll down to
Script(Python)
this is what I was calling an inner method.

Here is a reply I got from a Python IDE engineering team as to why I am
not able to debug this code with their IDE:
                      Regards
                         Clark

"
Support for non-disk fragments like Zope internal methods is planned but
not yet there.  When added, we'll also add access to the code via ftp or
webdav.  The bigger problem is actually correct identification of the
code
fragments and mapping of run locations to the appropriate URL for the
source code.  I'm not sure off-hand whether Zope does anything when
executing the code to identify where the code came from (like setting
__file__ or munging code objects' co_filename). If not, we'ld have to
add
that."

 +

"
One other note on this:  At one point it sounded like the Zope folks
wanted to move more to disk files again and they seemed to indicate
(cryptically) that there were things in the works to make this problem
of
non-disk files irrelevant.  I haven't had time to keep up to date on
this,
but it might be worth checking if there's some config option on Zope
that
would solve this issue.  Certainly, moving to external methods and
products would also work, but if you've got an existing code base that
is potentially a lot of work.
"