[Zope] Upgrading from 2.3.3 ---> 2.4.2 on Linux

Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:52:29 +1100

>>> Jens Vagelpohl wrote
> copy the Data.fs and products into the new 2.4.2 sandbox and restart...
>
> this is one of these situations where a SOFTWARE_HOME / INSTANCE_HOME ZEO
> setup can make your life *so* much easier. for my sandboxes, switching to
> a new zope release takes about 1 minute.

Heck, whack it all behind loadbalancers, write a tool to manage it, and you
can do upgrades pretty much automatically, and without any visible outage.

For me, upgrading the production system requires
zopecontrol.py --upgradeserver=prod

It whirrs off to CVS, checks out code, rebuilds it, all that stuff. Makes
life sooo much more pleasant.

Anthony