[Zope] ZEO questions:

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 22:12:01 +0100 (CET)

Garry Steedman writes:
 > i'm having some problems with a production ZEO system and wanted to
 > ask for some clarifications:
 >
 > box A is running as a ZEO client and box B is running as a ZEO server,
 >
 > HEAD requests reaching box A are served OK, but GET requests are not
 > (500). this suggests to me that the HEAD requests are being served
 > locally, but that GET requests are being sent to box B (where there
 > is a problem). can anyone tell me if this statement is accurate?
Almost surely, this has nothing to do with ZEO.
Instead, the GET raises an exception which is transformed
by ZPublisher into an "Internal Server Error" (Code 500).
HEAD, on the other hand, does not raise the exception because it
usually only looks at static information while GET really renders
the objects...

I would look at the traceback that should come with the
500 response...

Dieter