[Zope] can not login from localhost

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 22:08:04 +0100 (CET)

Sin Hang Kin writes:
 > I can get the authentication box, but the password is rejected. The same u/p
 > is accepted when try from another box on the local subnet. So, i think the
 > zpasswd.py does not help here.
 >
 > I do have try both http://127.0.0.1:8080/manage as well as
 > http://192.168.83.121:8080/manage
 > from the box. Both fail.
Looks like you have a domain restriction in effect.

Your local host may appear to come from a different domain
than the remaining boxes on your lan. Requests from the local
host may have the Inet address 127.0.0.1 and not that
of your LAN. Look at "var/Z2.log" to verify this.

If this is indeed the case, allow "localhost" in your domain
restrictions.

Otherwise, I would instrument the code in "AccessControl.User"
with "zLOG" calls to get all relevant information logged into
Zope's log file (which you need to define with the STUPID_LOG_FILE=<logfile>).

I am not a Windows user and can not give you details how to
define the logfile when used as Win2000 service...

Dieter