[Zope] more problems and whishes with inner links in structured text

Robert Rottermann robert@redcor.ch
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:59:57 +0100

Good morning,

Working with structured text and a non ASCII characterset brought up some
more problems and ideas:

- I could not set -L starting Zope neither on Windoze nor Linux. So I just
added the umlauts I need in STleters.py. This seems to work for the moment.

- Creating inner links with non ASCII characters now creates an unusable
target. That means ST has to filter the links and delete forbidden
characters.

- Innerlinks are meant to create footnotes. Therefore they are not very
suitable to create tables of content with hyperlinks pointing to the topic
within the document. There are two shortcomings: First no spaces are allowed
which in a title is not acceptable. Second the [] to denote link and target
are not removed. Which is ugly

Would it be acceptable to create two more formats: .. [.] and [.]  They are
equivalent to .. [] and []. However they allow spaces and remove themselves.

I could submit the two (if Andreas does not think it would be easier to do
them himself)

Robert