[Zope] [ Help ] Management with user without Manager-role, but all the permissions

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 07:59:16 -0500

i'm not sure about the NameError you're seeing, but the other symptom has
to do with whether a browser sends authentication info or not if it has
the credentials stored but the site does not explicitly ask for them. some
ZMI screens do not explicitly ask for this authentication info but will
return something "harmless" if that info is not sent along with the
request.

IIRC the latest versions of zope now do challenge for authentication on
all screens so that the problem should be gone in those.

jens