[Zope] Assigning One dtml-var to Another

Tom Jenkins tjenkins@devis.com
30 Oct 2001 09:16:03 -0500

Hi Paul,
Quite simply, maintenance.  Yes you can do these things in DTML (as you
have done), however if you were to give me the task of of maintaining or
enhancing your code and it is all in DTML it will be quite "expensive"
(in time, $$, whatever your scale).  By moving the non-presentation
parts out into python scripts you dramatically drop the cost of
maintenance.

The good news is if you have 1 1/2 years of experience in DTML, i'd be
surprised if it took you two weeks to become proficient in python.  Why?
well, it seems thats how long it takes everyone to become proficient
<grin>