[Zope] Platform statistics

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:06:01 +0000

Jeffrey Robinson wrote:

> The administrator's main contention is that it is open source, unsupported
> and my attempt to lock them into a unix-centric platform; something that
> will work fine under "unix" but Windows is an after-thought.  (On could take
> this basically as a predetermined approach to Zope/open source by said
> admin).

The guy's incompetent if he considers Micorosoft operating systems and IIS a
viable, stable and supported platform for a medium or above enterprise level
website. If he's pre-determined towards a particular solution that is so
hopeless, you may as well do yourselves a favour: fire the guy and start again.

> What I'd like to find are some stats to do with companies using IIS and
> Zope; showing that such a setup isn't a black-sheep. I know that there are
> lists of sites that run Zope available, but often they don't show
> conclusively what their setup is, depending if Zope is squirreled away
> behind a web-server, or it is on an intranet, etc.

netstat.com

Although Zope behind IIS will probably show up as just IIS, it may give you soem
idea.

cheers,

Chris