[Zope] Re: Threading, dtml and performance?!

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 17:13:08 +0100

Thomas B. Passin wrote:

> [Paul Zwarts]
>

>>AFAIK, such a beast does not exist where you can stop a transaction from
>>pressing a browsers stop button. Web is stateless, so a stop button on a
>>browser cannot be connected to the servers understanding of finish the
>>request or don't.
>>

> Yes and no.  When you stop the browser, the socket connection closes.  The
> next time the server tries to use that socket it gets an exception.  Ideally
> in handling the exception the server should stop the thread in question, but
> who is to say that really happens?

As I wrote before, it happens in mod_perl, it doesn't happen in zope2.3.3 on

linux 2.2.13.
And I would still be interested in an explanation why two long running
methods (not four) seem to be able to stall zopes http server on linux.

cheers,
oliver