[Zope] Teaching zope

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 18:58:37 -0000

--On 29 October 2001 10:35 -0500 Gregory Dudek <dudek@cim.mcgill.edu> wrote:

> I am planning to teach a lecture on Zope (maybe two) in an undergraduate
> "cool tools" class at my university.
>
> I wonder if other people have done this and if there are any resources
> already available (list a set of notes).

I hesitate to recommend the following because:

(i)  I put it together
(ii) It's of dubious educational value - it's all rather smoke and mirrors
     but I think it does help to sell Zope as a "cool tool" (the
understanding
     can come once the enthusiasm has been ignited).

http://www.zope.org/Members/glpb/zfaz.htm

I've road tested it on a "class" of 30 people, each with their own PC.
Over 75% had installed Zope from scratch and had a writeable Web-enabled
database application running inside an hour.

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
   E-mail: paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/