[Zope] Keeping a Variable's Value: This SHOULD Be Easy

Ben Ocean zope@thewebsons.com
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 11:38:37 -0800

OOPS! Correction...

...but apparently it's not. If I were writing this in PHP:

Okay, boys and girls! Let's open the magic box and generate a random
number! (applause)<br and drum roll>
<? x = int mt_rand(0,9); echo x ?><br, strike up the band>
Wow! Wasn't that exciting? Oh no! I forgot the magic number<br, shrieks of
horror>
<? echo x ?><br, strike up the band again> Oh, of course! How could I
forget!<br, fade to black>

...but apparently DTML *does* forget. Call that daggone variable more than
once and you have to run the formula that generates a random digit! Bam!
Variable's gone. Is there no way around this?
Please help...
BenO