[Zope] Keeping a Variable's Value: This SHOULD Be Easy

Gilles Lenfant glenfant@bigfoot.com
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 22:59:05 +0100

This SHOULD...

Unfortunately the ways to keep a python object's value while processing DTML
are "buzzy":

1/ Use the REQUEST mapping object
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('foo', something)">
HTML/raw text/XML blah blah
<dtml-var "REQUEST['foo']>

2/ Get HappySession or another user session management product to keep the
value between two requests

In both cases, unfortunately, you can use only one python expression to
initialize the value

HTH

--Gilles