[Zope] Installing ZmxODBC

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 23:11:18 +0100 (CET)

Florian Reiser writes:
 > I'm trying to install ZmxODBC on a Windows 2000 machine running Zope 2.4.1.
 > In the Products administration view the traceback of the product import
 > tells me that the module mx.ODBC was not found.
 > But the product installed the mx section in lib/python/Shared as described
 > in the install instructions.
Verify, that the code raising the "ImportError" looks like

	from Shared.mx.ODBC... (or "import Shared.mx.ODBC")
and not
        from mx.ODBC (or "import mx.ODBC")
i.e. that the "Shared" is present.

It "Shared" would not be present, then the "mx" package would need
to live in "lib/python" and not "lib/python/Shared"...

If the "Shared" is present, then maybe, an "__init__.py" is missing
in either "mx" or "ODBC". These files tell Python that a folder
is to be considered as a Python package. They are often empty
and sometimes archiving programs ignore empty files....

Dieter