[Zope] Unhappy HappySession (was Keeping a Variable's Value: This SHOULD Be Easy)

Paul Zwarts paz@oratrix.com
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 13:11:41 +0100

Hi Ben,

How about this?

<dtml-call "SESSION.set('foo', something(_.None,_))">

I still don't understand it fully even though it was explained to me a
few times, but I think its something to do with expressions always
having to satisfy that the method must return something (self).

Paul Zwarts

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org] On Behalf Of Ben
Ocean
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 11:17 AM
To: Gilles Lenfant
Cc: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Unhappy HappySession (was Keeping a Variable's Value:
This SHOULD Be Easy)

At 10:59 PM 10/30/01 +0100, you wrote:
>2/ Get HappySession or another user session management product to keep
the
>value between two requests

I tried this (since REQUEST didn't fill the request) and used this line:
<dtml-call "SESSION.set('foo', something)">
where *something* was a dtml method that executed the evaluation of a
python expression. Now, whereas REQUEST *was* able to execute said
expression and HappySession *was* happy substituting a simple string,
HappySession was not happy evaluating the python expression :(

Any more ideas?
TIA,
BenO

Bam!